Information, Money and Value- Library of Mu
- Library of Mu record:
- Title: Information, Money and Value
- Date: 2006-04-29
- Author: Allin Cottrell et al
- Type of resource: Excerpts
- Status: original
- No. views: 6991
- Description: A 409 page PDF on the value of money, a dense impenetrable academic book from the University of Glasgow with a passing reference to the money burning in a footnote
- URL: http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc/reports/info_book.pdf
Information, Money and Value
By Allin Cottrell et al (2006-04-29, )
"... we will focus on an essential characteristic
of a dynamic monetary economy – the fact that money is continually exchanged
between actors in different amounts but is almost always conserved. 2
In 1994 scottish avant-garde artists Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty burnt one million pounds, earned from the sales of their pop records. But such events have low probability.
There are 3 comments for this record
You can leave a comment below.
Posted by Guest on 2007-08-22 01:21:34
unfinished sympathy :)
Posted by Guest on 2008-02-02 13:02:31
I thought it was interesting..
how most people thought it was nothing more than a publicity stunt.
Well, yeah-exactly, grabbing attention ! yet most people strangely just didnt seem to .get-the-point.
Shame, because It was splendid statement.
It made me feel proud to be UK
Posted by Guest on 2014-07-13 10:41:46